Blog Journal #7

Some schools require that their teachers keep an updated class page on their website to outline some basic introductory information. I think that this is a great way for students and parents to get to know the teachers and get some information about what their classroom will consist of. On Bond Elementary School's website, most teachers have pages that often include sections entitled "Meet the teacher", "announcements", and "Resources". The "meet the teacher" section typically includes personal information about the teacher such as preferred activities or their academic or professional background. The "announcements" section typically has class updates and a calendar with any events that are coming up. The "resources" section has links to websites that are used within the class such as BrainPop.

Directory (leonschools.net)

As an educator, I would utilize technology within my classroom daily. As most classes are equipped with Smart Boards and Chromebooks, I would use these devices to provide instructions and assign tasks to students. I think that this is more efficient than typical paper assignments as it is easily accessible and does not require the teacher to find and print copies of assignments. Online tools can also be used to make the grading process faster and easier for teachers. I think Class Dojo is a great tool for behavior monitoring that could be used alongside a classroom store where students could "buy" items with their points. I would also utilize Kahoot so that students can see practice questions before a quiz or test to gauge their understanding. 

I enjoyed using the Canvas group while working on assignment 2. As someone who had never utilized this feature before, I found it easy to understand and navigate. I enjoyed that everyone in the group could collaborate on an assignment easily and make quick changes as needed. I think that Google Docs is another tool that could have been used for this assignment as it also allows multiple people to access a document and make changes collaboratively. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #5