Blog Journal #8

 Here's the link to my new website! https://brocksclasseme.weebly.com/ 

Daily, the only IA tool that I consistently rely on is Grammarly. Grammarly is an extension that I have on my desktop that corrects spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I find this extension very helpful when I am sending emails and writing long papers, as it offers corrections for any errors that it finds and even offers more precise ways to say things. I do not use any other forms of AI such as Chat GPT as I find it unethical to use an application such as that to complete school or work assignments as it is not my original work. I am curious what other forms of AI exist as I have not had much exposure to them.

The only time that I have used ChatGPT was for an education class that I took last semester. My professor thought that it was important that educators stay up-to-date on new forms of technology and instructed us to use ChatGPT to complete an assignment. I quickly learned that AI chatbots are extremely helpful and fast when asked a variety of questions. While I still would not elect to use AI for my school or work assignments, I have learned through this week's module that there are several benefits to using AI within the classroom. If I were to become a teacher, I could see myself using AI for my class if it was allowed. To address any issues with my students, I would show them the software and discuss the pros and cons of these types of applications as well as the ethical concerns behind it. 

I think that AI tools can increase productivity in certain ways. I think that you can get more work done through using AI, however, I do not think that it is the most beneficial way to get work done. By utilizing assistive technology, you may not learn or practice the skills that you should be working on, which would not be beneficial for you. On the other hand, if you know how to do something and it is just easier and faster to allow AI to help you, that would be advantageous. I think it all depends on how you use AI and what your view on the purpose of AI is. I will not use AI to increase productivity when it comes to work and school, as I think that I should do the work on my own to acquire the skills that I need. As a teacher, I may use AI for simple things like grading papers since that is something that I would know how to do but AI would just make it faster. 

Comments

  1. I thought that your webpage was really well done. The class resources were a great example of alignment. This is due to your pictures of the icons all falling in a straight vertical line. Your class about me page was very informative on who you are and your experience teaching. I also liked the repetition in the way that your website addressed the readers like it was having a conversation with them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #5