Blog Journal #1

     Hello! My name is Hailey and I am a senior at Florida State University. I recently applied to a graduate program to pursue my master's degree in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. I currently work with children with developmental disabilities as a Registered Behavior Technician where I utilize behavior analytic strategies to teach skill acquisition and behavioral modification. When I am not working or in school, I usually spend my time reading or baking. 

    As a student, I have used technology in nearly every class that I have taken. When I was younger, this was often in the form of SmartBoards or projectors. While these devices are still used daily within the classrooms that I have been in, personal devices such as phones, laptops, and tablets have also grown popular. I have become very comfortable with these devices as well as some of the common applications that they are used for such as Canvas, Kahoot, Word, Powerpoint, and Quizlet. I have also completed several hours of observations in local elementary schools where I observed the constant use of technology within classrooms. 

    In terms of my own personal learning resources, I often find myself relying heavily on my personal laptop and iPad. I use both of these devices daily to check for class updates, complete assignments, take notes in class, and create schedules and lists. I often use Outlook to navigate my emails and to schedule any upcoming events, class times, and work hours. I also use Canvas frequently to find information regarding my classes and to submit most of my assignments. Notability has also been a big learning resource for me, as that is how I take my notes and study for upcoming tests. Apart from these two personal devices, I also utilize electronic and physical textbooks for most of the courses that I enroll in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #5