Blog Journal #9

 Open Educational Resources (OERs) are resources that are shared publicly, typically online, that can be used by educators. OERs can appear in several different formats, such as PowerPoints, worksheets, and quizzes. These resources can be used as they were created, edited, or added to other resources as the user chooses. The link below is an article entitled "Recognizing and Overcoming Obstacles: What it Will Take to Realize the Potential of OER". This article discusses what OERs are and their endless benefits when used within the classroom. OER allows students and teachers to save money on teaching and learning resources, allows immediate access to the material, and allows for differentiation to benefit the students. This article then goes on to discuss the potential reasons why OERs are not used more often including a lack of technological access and concerns about quality. These issues are discussed in detail along with possible solutions to each obstacle. Definitely check it out!

https://er.educause.edu/articles/2021/7/recognizing-and-overcoming-obstacles-what-it-will-take-to-realize-the-potential-of-oer

While working on Assignment 4, I learned a few new PowerPoint skills that will be helpful in my future career. This was my first time narrating a PowerPoint, so I learned how to create and save a recording over a presentation. I also learned how to add a custom slide design to the Slide Master and rename it which I think will be very helpful in the future. Overall, I liked this assignment once I got the hang of it and found it helpful for learning about how to navigate PowerPoint more efficiently. At first, it was a little overwhelming to try to learn all of these new things and narrate it, but it was helpful and will benefit me when I make presentations in the future. If I were to do this assignment again, I would try to get more creative with the slide formats that I use and use the SmartArt tool more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #2

Blog Journal #6

Blog Journal #5